Friday, November 25, 2005

Fear of Strangers

I just took a long walk through the old stomping grounds, people at home were just getting too much for me and I wasn't making any progress on my thesis. I saw my old paper route, the places I used to run early in the morning to get in shape for wrestling, my old house, etc. As I was walking up the driveway from my mom's old condo I ran into some lady walking her dog.
I said "Hi there!". But she just kept talking to her dog and ignoring me. What the fuck is wrong with people?!? No matter how nice you are to some people, they just won't relax and be friendly. Just because you aren't in the group of seven people they'd like to speak with everyday, you are treated as if you don't exist. It's as if the old saying "Stranger, Danger" is embedded into people from their childhoods and never leaves. Grow the fuck up and be a bit more flexible! You might learn something or do something different for a goddamn change, if you aren't too much of a fucking asshole to turn everyone off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home