Friday, April 28, 2006

Abridged Transcript From A Phone Conversation I Had With A Police Officer The Other Night...

Earlier in the week at about 1:30am as I was leaving Greenway to go to Austin and Robbie's house, there were three very sketchy/white trashy guys out in the street fighting with each other, catcalling, etc. They were standing right in front of my car so I just decided to keep walking down Wash Ave instead of getting any closer to them, and I called Austin to come out and meet me. Once we met up, he suggested I call the police to report these guys, and my conversation with the officer went a little something like this:

Me: Hi, I live on the 6600 block of Washington Avenue in U-City, MO, and I'm calling to report three suspicious men in their early 30s who are standing out in the street fighting with each other and yelling at passers-by.
Officer: Alright ma'am, are they armed?
Me: No, sir, not that I can tell.
Officer: And these are black males?...white males?
Me: They're white males.
Officer: Ok, so three black mal - wait, white males??
Me: Yes, sir. White males.
Officer: Oh!...ok, well we'll send someone right over.

After he got over the initial shock of finding out I was reporting white guys instead of black guys, this officer sounded about as happy as if I had just told him that he had won the lottery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home