Thursday, March 08, 2007

Acknowledgments

I flipped through Wash U professor Howard Brick's new book Transcending Capitalism today at Border's. Listed in the acknowledgments was none other than Ethan Arpi, beneficiary of our generous "links" column. (Who knows how many untold thousands of hits he has received as a result of the rerouting capacities of the Huffy Crew.) That brings to "two" the total number of Huffy Crew members and extended family listed in published scholarship, Austin-5000 being the standard bearer. Please let me know if I've left anyone else out.

Here's the question, as a bit of academic dorkiness: If you could be thanked in any writer's book, whose would it be and what for? For example, Justice Stephen Breyer, in his future volume Risky Business: 2, 4, 6, 8, Who We Gonna Regulate?, could potentially thank "Austin-5000 for his impeccable fact-checking and steady supply of prunes and fish oil tablets." Alain Badiou, in Meta-, para-, epi-, ana-, sympolitics, will thank "the Sheriff for the massages and the Revolution." The possibilities are endless.

As a side note, I don't know if anyone caught this bit from the Onion, which picks up on one of our favorite themes. God, medieval people were so dirty!

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh the Hippie Killer said...

I would like Ron Jeremy to thank me in his latest book, The Hardest (Working) Man in Showbiz.
"I'd like to thank Josh, for helping me to find a real purpose in life, and all those times he took me to services at the Church of Scientology."

8:19 AM  
Blogger y19p84 said...

Dude. I was on Atrios. Doesn't THAT count for something?

9:29 AM  
Blogger to scranton said...

I guess that does mean, Curry, that within two minutes of the post going up more people knew your name than will ever read Austin-5000 and Ethan's books.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home