Wednesday, June 07, 2006

florence

well, Americans may have perfected the craft, but Italians sure do know how to capitalize on a trend almost as ruthelessly as we do at home. There is da Vinci shit everywhere...I guarantee that within a couple months Ferragamo will be coming out with some line of clothing or accessories with the Vitruvian Man design all over it. To exit the Uffizi, you had to walk through 10 rooms themed with "the mind of da Vinci," after seeing all this incredible art, and then once you finally get out, there's this entire section of the gift shop with books like "Decoding daVinci", etc. We went to the Academie (sp?) after that....I tell you what, the David has a fiiiiine ass. That crazy nigga ain't even circumcised though! This was really cool though...I'm working on a research paper on a particular style of Roman copies of a Greek Aphrodite sculpture, and as I was walking down a hallway in the Uffizi, I looked up and right in front of me was one of the copies that I've been studying from a picture I found online. I was sure that the museum would have this statue locked up somewhere so I didn't even think to look for it, but it wasn't even encased...I just walked right up to it and could have touched it without anyone noticing.

I would put up a picture if I had my camera with me now, but there are these 2 week old farm kittens living behind our house and they are absurdly cute. They are all fluff and must weigh less than half a pound - I could probably hold two with one hand.

Robbie, the tritones are out of control with these European police cars all over the place.

Miss you all...talk to you soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robot said...

Glad to hear all is well. I heard the senate is debating whether to vote on a constitutional amendment making the Da Vinci Code the "New York Times #1 Bestseller" for the next 76 years.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home