Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hey, it's just like being back at ole' 6675 Wash Ave...

For those of you who don't know, when I got back from DC this weekend, a 16-year-old exchange student from Qatar had moved into our house. As far as I know, the decision to host this guy was made in under 24 hours while I was out of town. He's very shy, but also very nice, and he seems to speak and understand English very well. However, both of my parents still insist on speaking very LOUDLY and s-l-o-w-l-y, exaggerating their enunciation and hand gestures to a truly embarrassing degree. Just a few minutes ago, I was sitting in the kitchen having lunch when all of a sudden I thought I heard some strange voices. I asked my mom if she heard anything, and she said it was probably just a lawn service outside. I kept hearing strange noises though, so I got up and tried to follow the sound. I eventually got to the top of the stairs that lead down to the basement and when I opened the door I heard....an Islamic call to prayer! Just like the good old days when Robbie's computer would start wailing at 3am. Here's my main concern though: as disconcerting as it is to be sharing a shower with an unrelated 16-year-old male...is Jesus still going to love us with a Musselman in the house?

1 Comments:

Blogger Austin 5-000 said...

I think Jesus will begin to love you when you change your closed-minded ways and accept the practices of others. "When I became a [wo]man, I put away childish things".

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home