Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What Remains Unexplained

Over at Slate, Explainer lists some of the questions that they didn't answer during the year. Readers can email and one lucky question will be picked and explained.

Out of the hundred or so listed, five really stick out in my mind as demanding answers.
(If you're unfamiliar with Explainer, it tends to answer pressing questions that occur to people about things in the news.)

  • What's likely to happen to people, or what might they feel, when they're killed instantly?
  • How clean is bar soap in a public bathroom? Is it "self-cleaning," since it's soap? It seems like a health hazard to me.
  • I have noticed that a lot of mainstream movies feature men peeing. Are the actors really peeing?
  • yea i have my own 620 gang and i dont know how to run it to make not look like a little bitch gang joke it is just me and my friend how do i run it?
  • I met a 40-year-old stripper back in February of this year. We had a special connection. Yet, she was homeless, going through a divorce and bankruptcy. She has three kids who live in Alabama and she pays $500 a month in child support. Moreover, she used cocaine. At one point, she was arrested for forgery. She spent a month in jail but was released under the condition that she become a narc for the police department. She gave the names of her dealers and would wear wires when drug deals were going down. I let her stay at my place and kept food in the refrigerator. This past Monday she took all her clothes, my money, and left. The night before, she hung out with some friends. I called her, and she said I was too good for her. She said she had never been treated so well. She said she would drag me down and she couldn't bear to handle that. I told her my hopes and dreams the night before. I wonder if I scared her off. I don't know what to make of it. I don't know if she met someone else the night before and doesn't want to tell me. It's killing me inside. I cried for her. I really cared for her. Can you give me some advice?

Seriously, though. The soap question is one I think about quite often.

2 Comments:

Blogger to scranton said...

When was the last time you saw a public bathroom with a bar of soap in it and not a dispenser?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Josh the Hippie Killer said...

That's because this past Monday a 40 year old stripper took all of the bars of soap out of public bathrooms, and left.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home