Friday, August 31, 2007

"Honey, could you pass the KKK and Pepper?"



Okay, so these little hugging salt and pepper shakers are everywhere around Paris. I've been seeing them at the market, in little boutiques and the like for about a year now.



Precious, oui?

I didn't really give these cutesy home accessories a second thought until yesterday when I noticed a...ahem...differently attired figurine.



"You've got to be kidding," I thought. "Is that a Klansman shaker? Should we assume it is to be filled with salt only?"



My friend Q, who was with me, examined the shaker and stated "In France we would think of this to be a ghost and not so much associate it with anything else." Okay...then why is he wearing a belt?

What do you guys think?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Those would be the perfect addition to my set of Nazi china!

10:43 AM  
Blogger shrf said...

Maybe we're the problem. Maybe this salt shaker is just what we needed to realize that Klansmen want hugs sometimes too.

5:04 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

Also, I suppose you could fill it with white pepper.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Sebonde said...

The orange shaker is also wearing a belt. Moreover, the KKK hood is far less amorphous and has flaps. It looks like a ghost to me.

5:28 AM  
Blogger shrf said...

Why are you defending the Klan, sebonde?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Sebonde said...

Er, I did not think I was.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Robot said...

Any more of this wanton Klan-defending and I'm going to have a cow. Okay? Geesh!

3:33 PM  
Blogger 85 said...

jeje0614pandora jewelry
canada goose outlet
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
pandora charms
reebok shoes
canada goose jackets
pandora charms
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren uk

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home