Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Professor Chad Kroeger, African American Studies

What the hell is this?

In an effort to be more like Scantron, I decided to brush up on my music knowledge and watch some MTV this morning. What I saw shocked and awed me: Dr. Cornel West has a music video, and it was getting serious airtime on MTV. That is so... odd.

Sometimes I wonder if Dr. West would be considered so hip/smart/popular if he didn't have his cool glasses/beard/fro/suit/vest combo. I don't think he would be.

That guy sure knows how to market himself. A video on MTV? Unbelievable...

2 Comments:

Blogger shrf said...

I mean, the guy was a grand councilor for Zion in the Matrix. You think he can't pull enough strings to get on MTeevee?

2:12 PM  
Blogger to scranton said...

I heard West interviewed on Hard Knock Radio when this album came out. I am inclined to say that he tries a little too hard when he's trying to ingratiate himself amongst the hip young people.

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home