Friday, December 16, 2005

Voting machines

Look, I gave up on the 2004 election long ago; my dad kept donating money to the effort to recount in Ohio. I really hate it when people make a big fuss about election results, and therefore have reasons to despise him besides typical Oedipus shit. Just give it up! But this article sort of pisses me:

But when Ion Sancho, Leon County's Supervisor of Elections, tested the Diebold system and allowed experts to manipulate the card electronically, he could change the outcome of a mock election without leaving any kind of trail. In other words, someone could fix an election and no one would know.


Look, I think democracy is flawed as much as anyone else does. But I am committed to it as a process, because I think people will get what they want in the end, no matter what. Fucking with election results, however, is just not cool. Fuck you, Bush, kiss my motherfuckin schlong.


PS. I am aware that this post probably doesn't make sense. Kiss my dick bitchers, I'm drunk. Deal with it. I blog for me and no one else. I am a self-motivated blogger. I made this blog and it is mine.
PPS. Because this blog is mine I am allowed to do whatever I want with it. Therefore I am adding Blake Abrash to it. But don't ask me to add anyone else. I don't care if you find a new girlfriend, she can post in the comments. This is the seal of the bloggers. I am the king of this blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robot said...

Friends:
1. We must seize the means of production of this blog!
2. We must overturn the existing hierarchy, replacing this tyrant in the guise of a philosopher king with the true cultural workers: the masses.
3. Because I share a living space with the tyrant, my physical health is particularly vulnerable if and when the revolution occurs. I will need mace, a hacksaw, three triple-A batteries, a gift certificate to the Melting Pot, and 100 peanut butter sandwiches.
Proletariats of the Blogosphere, Unite!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Robot said...

Ok, I have already begun organizing the transformation. I have set up blockades between my room and the bathroom, and a team of German Shepards to protect the breach that may occur via the living room. Secondly, I have provided a team of Young Turks on the third floor with a bountiful stash of Kalashnikov rifles and Orbit chewing gum.

2:40 AM  
Blogger d'Mardree said...

Dear Robot,
I have a can of mace in my car that I can lend you. My mom put it there for emergencies, and I definitely think this qualifies as one. I can't help you with any of the other stuff, but I have alerted my RAs to the situation, and I am hopeful that Pranay will be able to use some floor funding to obtain the hacksaw and sandwiches. If not, I feel confident that there is a spare Melting Pot gift certificate lying around in Reslife, or at least one for the Galleria. Perhaps you should enter yourself in some wash u giveaways by participating in online student surveys? Keep a lookout through your bedroom window on Saturday night...I'll be in the parking lot behind Cold Stone Creamery at approximately 0100 hours (that's 1am for the laypeople), but DO NOT come out until I give the signal -- wait until you see a bonfire of burning bras. Vive la Revolution!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger shrf said...

The blog will be the evental location of a dynamic transformation of human conciousness. All previous causal connections will inevitably be effaced, as not historicism, but the sheer power of the event, will re-inscribe the present and past through the opening created by our revolutionary actions.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home