Monday, February 13, 2006

I am like Jesus, too.

In light of Silvio Berlusconi's recent comments, wherein he compared himself to Jesus, I present a short list of some other notables who've recently done the same.

Mike Tyson: "Sometimes I think I'm Justin Clark and other times I think I'm white like Jesus."

Michael Jackson: ""'I'm not being a braggadocio or anything like that - but you know you're on top when they start throwing arrows at you. Even Jesus was crucified. People who bring light into the world, from Mahatma Gandhi to Martin Luther King to Jesus Christ, even myself.""

Tom Delay: ""When faced with the truth, the truth hurts. It is human nature not to face that . . . People hate the messenger. That's why they killed Christ.""

Kanye West, Nas, Tupac, Mase, et. al.
(a picture says 1000 words. In this case, it need but say four: "I am like Jesus")

Richard Ashcroft: "I love the man, I feel like him....There's only Richard Ashcroft and Liam Gallagher who know what it feels like. We're the only ones who know how many people we've touched and how powerful that is...I feel like I'm on a one-man mission. I'm here to use my tools and my gift to take them to a higher level."

TO: "I don't have to worry about what people think of me, whether they hate me or not. People hated on Jesus. They threw stones at him and tried to kill him, so how can I complain or worry about what people think?"

Saddam Hussein
: "He compared himself to Jesus, how Judas told on Jesus. He was like: 'That's how it was for me.' If his Judas never said anything, nobody ever would have found him, he said."

This guy who killed someone over a cigarette: "Jesus Christ, he was just like me, he went to trial and was prosecuted just for being who he was." (In East St. Louis no less)

Hitler:
"I nearly imagined myself to be Jesus Christ when he came to his Father’s temple and found it full of money-changers. I can well imagine how he felt when he seized a whip and scourged them out." (re: Jews...duh)

Charles Manson
:
has compared himself to Jesus Christ. He believed that he was Christ, and the world had made him suffer, just as Christ did two thousand years ago. He also had his family believing that he was christ. He said in an interview, when, asked how he got his followers to believe that he was Jesus, "I was just being myslf ... all men is Jesus Christ."

Charles Taylor:
he was "the sacrificial lamb" and called on God to help him to come back soon.

Michael Skakel (Kennedy Cuz)

Benito Mussolini: (No good source, but its plausible and the comparisons to Berlusconi seem apt)

..And the List goes on

1 Comments:

Blogger Austin 5-000 said...

Tear down the American embassy in St. Louis!! They've mocked Jesus!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home