Tuesday, March 28, 2006

/* Rambling comments... */: Table for one

From some technology nerd blog: "On 13th February I became suspicious that something wasn't quite right with Michelle, my partner for the last 17 or so years. My suspicions increased and I ended up setting up my laptop in the equipment cupboard as a packet sniffer running Ethereal. I then connected to the laptop via a Remote Desktop Connection and controlled the sniffer from my main PC. A note to anyone reading this who isn't 'a techie'; if you plan to use technology when cheating it's probably best to understand the technology involved better than the person that you're cheating on..."

Via digg.

The really funny thing about this is not the technology, etc. It is the comments that have come since the post was put on digg, one of the web 2.0 superstars that has been getting a lot of press lately.
For example:

Why don't you post a few pics so I can see if your girlfriend was cute enough for me to care.

Posted by: Pigballs at March 28, 2006 09:03 AM

Don Delillo also had a comment:

or maybe things are getting worse. the mechanical land is well tended but has the land of spirit has become a desert?

Posted by: at March 28, 2006 07:51 AM


With an eye towards Abe Frohman and other unproductive comments we have had, it seems to me that any blogger better have a thick skin--especially if they want a lot of traffic. Commenters will not hesitate to take the razor to your skin in order to get to the truth. What that truth is, well...decide for yourself:

sounds like my kinda girl!
Posted by: Aaron at March 28, 2006 07:53 AM

What a bitch. Why didn't that ho at least break up with you first? What is it with skanks? They're like a plague. I'd have to kill a bitch if she cheated on me.
Posted by: Guy at March 28, 2006 08:00 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger shrf said...

1: Good call on the DeLillo
2: I think that the fact of the matter may be that this girl dumped him because he was enough of a nerd to use hi-tech spying methods on her. Her holding out for him to do so merely indicates her wanting a final, conclusive proof of her suspicions

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home