Friday, November 03, 2006

I have to blog this

As part of my fraternal responsibility, here's a link to an article about "Green Drinks," an alcohol-lubricated gathering for environmentalists and other fascists. The most salient part of the article comes at the end:
Alex Thompson, 26, who had ridden his bike from Culver City, credited the group with helping him create his free "bike-mentoring" program, Roll With It, which matches novice cyclists with experienced "bike coaches" who help their charges become cycling commuters.

"I'm kind of timid and afraid, but they told me to shut up and put me in touch with people to make it happen."

I can't think of a more representative quote. What a weirdo! But the article declares its weirdness from the beginning:

"I'm a big believer in liquid fuel derived from corn," said Stuart Cooley, an energy efficiency engineer with the city of Santa Monica and a rum-and-Coke kind of guy, "and here we get to sample ethanol."

Ahh.... nothing tastes as good as pure whimsy!

Update:
Thanks Curry King, link is above!

2 Comments:

Blogger d'Mardree said...

I tried, and I simply cannot imagine a more quintessentially Alex Thompson thing to say to a reporter, or anyone for that matter, but it makes it so much funnier to know that that quotation was derived from some kind of 'statement' he was asked to give.

10:14 AM  
Blogger y19p84 said...

sounds cool....where is the link?

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home