Friday, September 28, 2007

In good company

Because I signed a petition expressing my disappointment at the Hoover Institute for bringing on Donald Rumsfeld as a visiting fellow, I see that I am a "left-wing fascist" according to Martin Peretz and "out of my mind" according to Victor Davis Hanson. To which I can only ask: What else can I do to incur such judgments??

Look, the Hoover Institute can obviously do whatever the hell it wants as long as Boeing and Exxon and whoever else are funding it, but it should know that Rumsfeld isn't welcome. And even though I have expressed my disappointment at Columbia for hosting Ahmadinejad, there's obviously nothing incompatible with allowing his single exercise of "free speech" at Columbia and expressing outrage at Rumsfeld's prolonged fellowship.

3 Comments:

Blogger John Liberty said...

notice on the video of the columbia speech all the cheers when he says something anti american.

people say oh how could they bring ahmajajd to united states, its so out of line to bring him to columbia university.

no, it's exactly in line.

7:52 PM  
Blogger to scranton said...

are you saying Ahmadinejad has a fifth column already in place at Columbia?

1:37 AM  
Blogger Robot said...

Scantron: I think the actions of the Middle East and Asian Languages and Culture Department (MEALAC)speak for themselves. If you're not willing to call a spade a spade, and a departmental sponsor of terror (DST) a DST, then we needn't look far for our feared fifth column.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home