Sunday, December 20, 2009

Balderdash

British Study Claims "whisky worse than vodka" for hangover symptoms

Poppycock and rot, I say. Teach the debate! I feel much better after drinking whiskey than I do vodka. And although I might just inhabit one small corner of the statistical universe, I hope that in the rhetorical one I can throw more weight around by saying that this is one scenario where we should disavow science in favor of politics.

If you disagree with me here, we can settle it over a nice single malt.

2 Comments:

Blogger dchan said...

i say balderdash about the 'placebo drink.' i can definitely tell whether my drink has booze in it or not. it's one of my superpowers.

10:13 AM  
Blogger to scranton said...

I think different liquors go to different bodily organs the next morning. So it depends on where you feel pain most. Personally, too much whisky makes my stomach hurt something awful, while vodka is more of a head ordeal. I find head ordeals much easier to cure the next day than nausea. But I still prefer whisky to vodka. (Everything in moderation, kids.)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home