Saturday, December 24, 2005

Last night at the Thompson-Cottingham Household: A Play

Austin and Alex in the spare bedroom/Mom’s study.


(Austin is laying in bed, trying to set up his laptop. Alex is using the internet on Mom’s computer).

Austin: Great, I have to listen to this shitty music. Christ.

Alex: Oh, so Beck is shitty music now.

Austin: Yeah.

(pause)

Austin: Did you think that I didn’t know it was Beck? Or did you think that I didn’t know that Beck was shitty music?

Alex: Jesus fuckin’ Christ. Can you just leave me alone, I’m just trying to write an email. A relaxed Email.

Austin: Yeah, I’m just going to put my earphones in so I don’t have to listen to this shit.

Alex: Goddamnit Austin. Just fuckin leave.

Austin: I can’t just lay down on my own bed and use my computer?

Alex: Just leave, damnit. You’re a real fuckin asshole.

Austin: What the fuck is wrong with you? Why didn’t you say you wanted me to leave before I set up my computer? Who are you?

(Austin leaves, walks down hall)

Alex(heard screaming from in the room): Goddamnit, I can’t even fuckin write now. Jesus fucking Christ. You’re a fucking asshole..

(Austin puts in headphones in living room. Smiles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home