Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I came. I saw. Iraq.

I'm sure you have all heard of the story of the teen from Ft. Lauderdale who flew to Iraq to do some 'immersion journalism' on the Iraq War. If not, here's the story.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/29/teen.iraq.ap.ap/
What you probably don't know (or care) about is that he also went to my high school. I don't know how much this story was covered around the country, but here in South Florida it was all anyone (with nothing to talk about but what they read in the news) was talking about.
People generally have mixed reactions to what happened. Some think he's an idiot, others a hero. I think he's just some kid who spent way too much money on plane tickets and taxis.
"In one day I probably spent like $250 on taxis," Hassan said.
He also spent $900 dollars on a one-way ticket to Amsterdam. If only he knew that he could get that ticked for about $600 dollars from STA Travel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home