Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"I know what androgyny is!"

New York City will allow people born there to change the sex on their birth certificates:

Under the rule being considered by the city’s Board of Health, which is likely to be adopted soon, people born in the city would be able to change the documented sex on their birth certificates by providing affidavits from a doctor and a mental health professional laying out why their patients should be considered members of the opposite sex, and asserting that their proposed change would be permanent.

My reading of the article is that people born there will be able to use the certificate for marriage. The interesting question is whether other states will be able to do anything about it. Will NYC natives living in Missouri, Tennessee, or even Texas be able to change their birth certificates to get the equivalent of a gay marriage? Interesting stuff. Maybe Texas will start having mandatory genitalia examinations for marriage certificates.


Blogger The Sheriff said...

What a job, cupping genitalia and a pension after 30 years.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Scantron said...

New ballot amendment language: "Marriage will be between one XY chromosome member of the species and one XX chromosome member."

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home