Monday, December 26, 2005

Guy Fawkes' Night Blogging; Happy Kwanzaa!

I was just reading MetaFilter , which I am increasingly convinced is a waste of time. The comments section, at least, offers some of the dumbest and illiterate political commentary available on the web. There's a post there about some stupid new playlist generator that will make you a playlist based on your mood or something (which is actually probably cool but I'm just too jaded and cynical and indie right now to deal with it). Anyway, the second comment just blew me away. I am reproducing it in its entirety right here:


It feels like there's something wrong here.
posted by interrobang at 11:01 PM PST on December 25

This comment is sheer genius, for reasons that I am not quite sure of. You just can't tell what the fuck this guy is talking about, but, regardless, you feel the need to empathize with him. There's something wrong for godsake. i feel the need to solve this problem. But what is it? When I break it down, I can conceive of exactly four options:
  1. Bad trip. I mean, any trip where you're commenting on a nerdy website is going to be bad, but this one just got out of hand entirely.
  2. This guy has read all the Delillo, Baudrillard, Lyotard, and Althusser available and can fucking see(with the help of glasses) the postmodern condition. And it's not looking good. This could mean that this guy is Fishstix. I will look for confirmation when we meet in LA.
  3. This is closely intertwined with #2. Motherfucker hasn't read shit. Instead, he can fucking feel the zeitgeist. This opens up two further options:
    1. I'm thinking that the internet may have become sentient, and has named itself "interrobang". Weird shit. Had to happen sometime, though.
    2. But if he's human, Cheney will find this guy and use him for all he's worth. This option is probable. Buy your Halliburton now. Sell Alcoa.
  4. It's a girl. There's a specific one I have in mind, and if it's her, then 4 and 1 are identical. She is on massive amounts of drugs. And she is depressed. No one understands her. She will have sex with you. I'm cancelling my flight to Texas next week. This could be dangerous.
What's for damn sure is that we have reached a major (perhaps epistemic) break in history. No onecan really know what the appropriate action is except for interrobang him/it/herself. I just went to the gas station, and bought one budweiser, one icehouse, and one pabst (all 24 ounces). And a hotdog. The lady working there told me that they were now getting their hot dog buns from Hostess. It was $5.26.

9 Comments:

Blogger to scranton said...

Metafilter can be lame sometimes, but they managed to find this:

http://www.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3094053&Searchstr=three%20wise%20camels&st=t&path=31871

4:39 PM  
Blogger Austin 5-000 said...

I want to see it but refuse to pay any money to that jew-hater Spielberg.

1:23 AM  
Blogger shrf said...

no you stop.

6:42 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

Tragic, but ultimately irrelevant

9:51 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

I wasn't even talking about anything. Did you know that the amish have an irregularly high occurence of polydactlism? Its a perfect real-life example of the founder effect

3:35 AM  
Blogger shrf said...

You can't have a flame war without the 'lame'

5:10 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

I'm glad to hear it was well recieved?

7:44 PM  
Blogger to scranton said...

charif=sherief=spicy? Makes sense.

3:17 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

oh grrrrr.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home