Saturday, December 24, 2005

I say godDAMN it feels good to be an atheist!

I am blogging to report a momentous occasion. My parents and brother just left for the Christmas Eve service and I, for the first time in 20 years, am not being dragged along with them. Everyone is kind of pissed - my brother thinks it's not fair, my dad thinks I'm being selfish, and my mom is kind of hurt and disappointed because it's important to her. Now, normally I feel really guilty if I upset my parents, especially if the situation is avoidable. And I'll probably start going with them again next year just because it means more to my mom that I go than it does for me not to go. But I'm giving myself this one year of freedom from the Christmas Eve service, and let me tell you, I feel so fucking liberated that I'm about to cream my pants. My parents have been pounding my asshole with the proverbial giant cock of Christianity for as long as I can remember, and I have always resisted. My lack of spirituality has probably been the single biggest point of contention between me and my parents and it just feels so fucking good to have finally reached the age when I am allowed to make my own decisions about whether or not to participate in any sort of religious activity. I have dreamed about this day for almost two decades, and now that it has arrived, it may be one of the few things I've ever experienced that is actually better in real life than I ever even imagined it would be. Aaaaaa-MEN brothers!

3 Comments:

Blogger to scranton said...

D'Mardree-

Freedom is yours. Embrace it, fondle it, touch it in its secret places. I, for one, am watching Harry Potter with my sister instead of attending the 10:30 service. The ultimate triumph of the Wiccan darkside over the forces of Jesus! J.K. Rowling has been an unholy crusader all along, and I have been her nefarious minion! Bwa ha ha!

11:33 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

I do feel kinda bad that your mom is sad-pants. But whatev, do ya thang. I sure as hell ain't at no church

11:59 PM  
Blogger shrf said...

Yea, I think that Chahaukhnukkha has always been a Christmas reactionary religion

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home