Friday, December 19, 2008

Blagojevich Agonistesvich

"Now I know there are some powerful forces arrayed against me. It's kind of lonely right now. But I have on my side the most powerful ally there is, and it's the truth."

A moving speech. The Kipling quotation was beautiful. I will join you, Rod, in taking up the White Man's Burden against your accusers. You are a modern day Socrates, for whom the will to truth is valued over the pastry chefs out there who wish to destroy you by feeding the People sweet, delicious lies. You are a modern day Willie Stark, a Huey Long from the Land of Lincoln, for whom no amount of support from the People can dissuade those upwardly mobile Irish Romanists from destroying you. You are also, as the scholar Josh Marshall elegantly and aptly puts it, quite possibly insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home