Sunday, December 18, 2005

Blog Hurts Feelings

I have to apologize to all for my anti-libertarianism rant. Apparently, a member of the blog notified the Libertarians of the existence of the post. I promptly exchanged emails with these people last night. We both agreed to cut off contact between us. I have lost dear friends.

I also have to apologize to those who takes phrases like "jerk my dick chicken" and "CHING CHONG SOUPY" a little too seriously. I did not mean to hurt any feelings.

I also must apologize to those who think when I made the generalization "libertarians don't care about feelings" I meant this as a complete and utter fact in all cases.

And to those who think the portrayal of Nozick as Serigo Leone and libetarianism as a spaghetti western was a valid analogy.

To those who can not mock themselves I say take your insecurities and invest in some balls.
I expect to be mocked, and I expect to be made fun of. I expect others on the blog to expect the same(deena with her fatass comments, austin calling me a pussy). Everyone is constantly berated by anti-semetic remarks and demeaning comments. Our strength comes from our ability to work around this and not get emotional and nasty, to not cross the line, to maintain the dialogue and to invent it and twist it in new ways. And I expect everyone to not break down and cry unless something posted is really inappropriate or cruel. However, "CHING CHONG SOUPY" does not fit this model. The whole post was a fucking joke.

6 Comments:

Blogger shrf said...

Well, I think the trick in the future is to better examine the line between attacking the ideas and the people who hold them. You're perfectly justified to disagree with or even be angry at a particular set of ideas, but it doesn't help when you make fun of Asians, everywhere. Instead of "libertarians don't care about feelings" try "libertarianism is a soulless philosophy". its dry, but this is the state of academic discourse.

Love,
Stuart

1:50 PM  
Blogger dchan said...

I agree with Fisher here, and I think it that removing his libertarian post is a mature gesture. But at the same time, what is this blog for if not to express our opinions, regardless of whether or not the majority of the campus or even our circle of friends is in complete accordance with our views. This is a forum, people. Instead of being offended, respond! For chrissake. I mean, the rapport among our own little clique (if i can call it that, jokingly) is such that insults, racist remarks and comments that would usually be found hurtful fly back and forth with regularity, and everyone is implicated in this. We're not in high schoool, and I feel like there is a tacit understanding that if anti-semitic, anti-muslim and anti-whatever remarks are made, it's all in good humor. If we really meant what we said, we would probably have the decency to keep it unspoken. As for the Libertarian shit, I feel like this is another sad case where political agendas are interferring with our 'real' lives. We either have to agree to disagree, or go friendless.

1:52 PM  
Blogger d'Mardree said...

here, here!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Robot said...

I know it was you, Fishtix. I just know it!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Biz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Biz said...

This post is obviously about me, so I just want to clarify some things because I think some people may have gotten the wrong idea: I was never offended by anything said on this blog. I have never asked anyone to remove or apologize for anything written on this blog, nor do I think anyone should ever have to remove their posts or apologize for anything written on the blog.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home